President Donald Trump said Friday that Americans should stop using welfare.
“It’s time for all Americans to get off of welfare and get back to work,” he said during his speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference. “You’re going to love it.”
Current Bureau of Labor Statistics data shows that the unemployment rate in the U.S. for January 2017 was 4.8%, up 0.1 percentage points from the previous month but down 0.1 percentage points from January 2016. And the unemployment rate generally has been hovering at its lowest levels since the depths of the Great Recession.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer