President Donald Trump said Friday that Americans should stop using welfare.
“It’s time for all Americans to get off of welfare and get back to work,” he said during his speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference. “You’re going to love it.”
Current Bureau of Labor Statistics data shows that the unemployment rate in the U.S. for January 2017 was 4.8%, up 0.1 percentage points from the previous month but down 0.1 percentage points from January 2016. And the unemployment rate generally has been hovering at its lowest levels since the depths of the Great Recession.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time