Beyoncé is calling for support of trans and LGBTQ youth, following President Donald Trump’s action that ended federal protections that allowed transgender students to use bathrooms coinciding with the gender they identify with.
In a Facebook post written on Thursday after the joint action the Department of Justice and Education, Beyoncé kept her message succinct with a caption that read: “#LGBTQ students need to know we support them,” along with a hashtag that read #protecttransyouth. She also included a link to GLSEN, a national education organization that helps ensure safe schools for all children, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
Beyoncé joins a growing group of celebrities including Janet Mock and Ellen DeGeneres who are speaking out following the Trump administration’s decision to end the protections.
See her full post below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Cady Lang at email@example.com