Cate Blanchett stole the show at a drag performance at New York City’s legendary Stonewall Inn with a mesmerizing lip-sync performance (sans pants, no less!) of Dusty Springfield’s “You Don’t Own Me,” proving that the Oscar winner is not just a talented actress but a bona fide master of the lip-sync.
Blanchett later also played backup during a performance of Adele’s “Hello,” where she sported a knit pink pussyhat and was generally flawless.
The Carol star is currently on Broadway performing in The Present and will be appearing next in the all-female installation of Ocean’s Eleven, Ocean’s 8.
Watch Cate perform at Stonewall below.
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?