Retro music ingenue Lana Del Rey is back in all her winged-eyeliner glory with “Love,” a surprise new single and accompanying music video that sees her return to form in a slow-burning, mystical track. Longtime Lana fans will be reminded of the breathy, pared-down romance and grainy Americana aesthetic that launched her career with “Video Games” back in 2011.
Lana plays an old-school lounge singer in the vintage-feeling video, interspersed with shots of pretty young things living and loving at large in an idyllic era. It’s got her signature art-house feel—and then takes a turn for the fantastical, as the whole cast of characters gets transported to a dreamy alien planet.
Watch Lana head for the stars in the video below.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive