Retro music ingenue Lana Del Rey is back in all her winged-eyeliner glory with “Love,” a surprise new single and accompanying music video that sees her return to form in a slow-burning, mystical track. Longtime Lana fans will be reminded of the breathy, pared-down romance and grainy Americana aesthetic that launched her career with “Video Games” back in 2011.
Lana plays an old-school lounge singer in the vintage-feeling video, interspersed with shots of pretty young things living and loving at large in an idyllic era. It’s got her signature art-house feel—and then takes a turn for the fantastical, as the whole cast of characters gets transported to a dreamy alien planet.
Watch Lana head for the stars in the video below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases