With heart-shaped rollercoasters, pastel-colored gas stations and a futuristic outdoor cinema, Katy Perry’s new music video for “Chained To The Rhythm” is as quirky and heavily stylized as ever.
Perry recently dropped her new chart-topper, featuring a verse from Bob Marley’s grandson Skip, setting a new record for the most first-day streams for a single track by a female artist. Since then the pop superstar has been teasing fans with cryptic hints about the accompanying music video — including an image of a hamster on a wheel and a rocket with the caption: “Bombs away!”
After much anticipation, the video has finally been released — drawing nearly half a million views just hours after its launch. Set in a 1950s-style fantastic amusement park, the four-minute video shot at Six Flags Magic Mountain in California, shows a heavily artificial, Instagram-friendly world. Watch it above.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror