With heart-shaped rollercoasters, pastel-colored gas stations and a futuristic outdoor cinema, Katy Perry’s new music video for “Chained To The Rhythm” is as quirky and heavily stylized as ever.
Perry recently dropped her new chart-topper, featuring a verse from Bob Marley’s grandson Skip, setting a new record for the most first-day streams for a single track by a female artist. Since then the pop superstar has been teasing fans with cryptic hints about the accompanying music video — including an image of a hamster on a wheel and a rocket with the caption: “Bombs away!”
After much anticipation, the video has finally been released — drawing nearly half a million views just hours after its launch. Set in a 1950s-style fantastic amusement park, the four-minute video shot at Six Flags Magic Mountain in California, shows a heavily artificial, Instagram-friendly world. Watch it above.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve