Veteran Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek proved that 76-year-olds can still get down when he delighted contestants by rapping (well, reading) the lyrics to songs by Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Lil Wayne, Desiigner and Kanye West.
Trebek, who has hosted the syndicated game show since 1984, read out lyrics to chart-topping tunes including Drake’s “Started From The Bottom” and Kanye West’s “Famous” under a category called “Let’s rap, Kids!”
When he finished, he told the bemused panel: “I was just getting into this rap thing. I’m not too good at it but I was getting into it.”
A clip of Trebek’s rapping segment shared on Twitter by social media producer Kenny Ducey had received more than 20,000 retweets as of Tuesday morning. “I’m willing to grant a waiver for Canadian Trebek to be our new President,” one social media user said.
This is not the first time the dignified Trebek has rapped on air. Last October, he rapped the lyrics to the popular song “Jumpman,” while contestants were asked to identify the artist. MC Hammer, Notorious B.I.G. and Taylor Swift are among the other A-listers who have received the Trebek treatment.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time