Snapchat users can now snap up a pair of Snap Inc.’s much-anticipated video-recording headset, which is available for purchase online in the U.S. for $129.99.
The device is available in three colors: black, coral red, and teal blue. Delivery is expected to take two to four weeks.
As Fortune reports, Snap’s IPO is expected to take place on Mar. 2, so “the move to sell Spectacles to the masses could give Snap a stronger footing as it tries to court investors during its whirlwind roadshow over the next two weeks.”
In addition, TIME’s lifestyle editor recently questioned the way the company known for an app that specializes in disappearing photos described itself as a “camera company” in its S-1 prospectus, “considering the company says it barely makes money from Spectacles and that camera companies aren’t exactly Wall Street darlings right now.”
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating