Snapchat users can now snap up a pair of Snap Inc.’s much-anticipated video-recording headset, which is available for purchase online in the U.S. for $129.99.
The device is available in three colors: black, coral red, and teal blue. Delivery is expected to take two to four weeks.
As Fortune reports, Snap’s IPO is expected to take place on Mar. 2, so “the move to sell Spectacles to the masses could give Snap a stronger footing as it tries to court investors during its whirlwind roadshow over the next two weeks.”
In addition, TIME’s lifestyle editor recently questioned the way the company known for an app that specializes in disappearing photos described itself as a “camera company” in its S-1 prospectus, “considering the company says it barely makes money from Spectacles and that camera companies aren’t exactly Wall Street darlings right now.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Olivia B. Waxman at email@example.com