A middle school student will face charges after throwing a block of wood at President Donald Trump’s motorcade, police said.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office said the child confessed to throwing the block of wood at the presidential motorcade while Trump was traveling from the Palm Beach International Airport to Mar-a-Lago on Friday.
The middle schooler also implicated four other students who were involved in the incident, according to the sheriff’s office. The 2×4 block hit one of the vehicles in the motorcade shortly before 2 p.m., police said in a release.
Police said charges will be filed with the Palm Beach County State’s Attorney’s Office.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving