After President Donald Trump held a solo press on Thursday, like other late night hosts, Seth Meyers ditched his planned Late Night segment in order to take aim at Trump’s “bizarre” talking points.
Trump’s first weeks in office have been roiled in controversy, and during the conference, Trump made a false claim about the size of his electoral college win and dismissed reports of links between his administration and Russia as “fake news.”
But Meyers saw a silver lining to it all. “If there has been anything good in this, it’s been watching Trump develop techniques to avoid questions about that Russian contact,” said Meyers, playing video showing off some of those avoidance tactics, including moves Meyers dubs “The Drift Away” and another called the “Pretend I Don’t Hear You.”
Watch the full clip below.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out