It turns out Nicole Kidman who will soon play up the drama on TV, was engaged to Lenny Kravitz for a bit.
Kidman, who’s producing and starring in the upcoming HBO series Big Little Lies about complicated relationships in a group of women, recently discussed relationships of her own.
In a new interview for fashion magazine THE EDIT, Net-A-Porter’s digital magazine Kidman revealed that her former boyfriend Lenny Kravitz was actually her former fiancée, too. The notorious rocker and leather-pants-wearer’s daughter Zoë, also an actor and musician, was cast alongside Kidman in the show—making for an easy working relationship between the two, given their shared history.
“Well, I knew Zoë because I was engaged to her father. It’s all in the family! I love Lenny; he’s a great guy,” Kidman told THE EDIT. She and Kravitz dated briefly back in 2003, after Tom Cruise and Kidman’s marriage had ended. Of course, the actor never ended up tying the knot with the rock star. Instead, Kidman found Kiwi country singer Keith Urban.
And as for Zoë Kravitz’s opinion of her could-have-been step-mom?
“[Nicole] can be quiet and shy, which is interesting because the beast of an actress that she is, is so loud and clear,” Kravitz told THE EDIT. “She’s so good that sometimes it was distracting. After every take I wanted to just stop and say, ‘Wow.’” Looks like there’s still plenty of love and admiration left amongst this group of celebrity friends.
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk