It turns out Nicole Kidman who will soon play up the drama on TV, was engaged to Lenny Kravitz for a bit.
Kidman, who’s producing and starring in the upcoming HBO series Big Little Lies about complicated relationships in a group of women, recently discussed relationships of her own.
In a new interview for fashion magazine THE EDIT, Net-A-Porter’s digital magazine Kidman revealed that her former boyfriend Lenny Kravitz was actually her former fiancée, too. The notorious rocker and leather-pants-wearer’s daughter Zoë, also an actor and musician, was cast alongside Kidman in the show—making for an easy working relationship between the two, given their shared history.
“Well, I knew Zoë because I was engaged to her father. It’s all in the family! I love Lenny; he’s a great guy,” Kidman told THE EDIT. She and Kravitz dated briefly back in 2003, after Tom Cruise and Kidman’s marriage had ended. Of course, the actor never ended up tying the knot with the rock star. Instead, Kidman found Kiwi country singer Keith Urban.
And as for Zoë Kravitz’s opinion of her could-have-been step-mom?
“[Nicole] can be quiet and shy, which is interesting because the beast of an actress that she is, is so loud and clear,” Kravitz told THE EDIT. “She’s so good that sometimes it was distracting. After every take I wanted to just stop and say, ‘Wow.’” Looks like there’s still plenty of love and admiration left amongst this group of celebrity friends.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating