U.S. Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis and NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg are holding a joint press conference Thursday morning after a meeting about counter-ISIS actions.
Watch live at 8:25 a.m. ET as the Defense Secretary and NATO leader appear together after the Belgium meeting in the live video above.
Stoltenberg welcomed Mattis to the NATO headquarters for meetings in Brussels on Wednesday. Mattis told NATO that it needed to spend more on defense, and linked America’s level of commitment to the NATO on that condition being met.
“If your nations do not want to see America moderate its commitment to this alliance, each of your capitals needs to show support for our common defense,” Mattis said Wednesday, the New York Times reports.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.