U.S. Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis and NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg are holding a joint press conference Thursday morning after a meeting about counter-ISIS actions.
Watch live at 8:25 a.m. ET as the Defense Secretary and NATO leader appear together after the Belgium meeting in the live video above.
Stoltenberg welcomed Mattis to the NATO headquarters for meetings in Brussels on Wednesday. Mattis told NATO that it needed to spend more on defense, and linked America’s level of commitment to the NATO on that condition being met.
“If your nations do not want to see America moderate its commitment to this alliance, each of your capitals needs to show support for our common defense,” Mattis said Wednesday, the New York Times reports.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space