If you’re virtual reality-curious but you’ve been on the fence about dipping in, Best Buy is currently offering a deal that might warm the waters for you.
If you buy an Oculus Rift and Touch controller combo package ($799.98), the retailer will throw in a $150 gift card. You can then go ahead and use that towards the kind of powerful PC you’ll need to run the headset, if you don’t have one already.
Looking for a cheaper way into VR? Check out the Samsung Gear VR and the Google Daydream View. Powered by your smartphone, they offer a less impressive, but also less bank-account-destroying, VR experience for under $100, not including the requisite phone.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022