The U.S. Customs and Border Protection said Tuesday that the ancient military device was used to fling at least two bundles of marijuana from Mexico into the U.S. last week.
The agency said in a statement that it has seized the drugs, which weighed about 50 pounds combined. Mexican authorities took the disassembled catapult.
President Donald Trump repeatedly called for a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border during the campaign and announced plans to build it now that he’s in office.
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color