Abigail Williams and Liberty German were dropped off near a bridge towards the east of Delphi, Ind. around lunchtime on Monday. The girls were supposed to meet back at the bridge later on but failed to return.
German posted a photo to her Snapchat showing Williams on the bridge, the last time either girl was seen.
Sergeant Kim Riley of the Indiana State Police said at a press conference that foul play was suspected but did not directly identify the bodies as the two teens, The Indy Channel reports.
The Delphi Community Schools Corporation did however send students home with a letter that said the bodies were those of the missing girls. “It is our understanding that the two bodies found today were those of our two missing Delphi Community Middle School students” the letter said.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This