Good morning. These are today’s top stories:
U.S. to continue probing Russia’s meddling
U.S. officials will keep investigating whether Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election. A new report says President Donald Trump’s campaign team had repeated contact with senior Russian officials in the lead-up to the election. Earlier this week, Trump’s national security adviser Michael Flynn resigned after giving inaccurate accounts of conversations he had with a Russian ambassador.
Trump hosts Israeli leader at White House
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is visiting Trump in Washington, D.C. today. The two world leaders are expected to have their first official private meeting before they hold a joint news conference.
India sets new world record with satellite feat
India’s space agency said it has sent more than 100 small satellites into orbit through a single rocket launch. India broke Russia’s 2014 record of launching 37 satellites.
German shepherd beats out pack at Westminster
A German shepherd named Rumor won best in show at the 141st Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. It’s only the second time a German shepherd has taken the top prize in the competition.
The Etan Patz murder case ended with a conviction almost 40 years after the 6-year-old boy vanished in New York.
American Girl is releasing its first male doll after a call for more diversity.
The Golden Compass author Philip Pullman is releasing a follow-up trilogy to His Dark Materials.
The White House will reopen for public tours next month.
Starbucks is about to serve ice cream at more than 100 locations.
The Morning Brief is published Mondays through Fridays. Email Morning Brief writer Melissa Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State