In case you were wondering what happened to “Hot Felon” Jeremy Meeks‘ modeling career in the year since he was released from prison, he just made his runway debut at this season’s New York Fashion Week.
Meeks’ mugshot went viral in 2014 after he was arrested on federal weapons charges. People swooned over the booking photo so much that it eventually lead to multiple modeling offers as well as the enviable nickname “Hot Felon.”
Now, thanks to the admiration of the Internet, Meeks has finally entered the world of high fashion by walking in the Philipp Plein show on Monday night during New York Fashion Week, strutting for a front row that included Madonna, Kylie Jenner, Paris Hilton, and Young Thug.
It looks like Meeks made good use of his time at fashion week as well to make some friends in high places — he posted a picture on his Instagram with French fashion doyenne Carine Roitfeld, which means we’re probably going to be seeing a lot more of the “Hot Felon” in the fashion world soon.
See his runway debut below.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out