Imagine your dog could write you a love letter — what would it say?
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, TIME video went to the 141st Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show in New York City, where more than 200 breeds are competing, to ask owners what their dog would write to them in a love letter.
“She’d probably tell me that I’m the greatest daddy,” said Dwayne Lazore, the owner of a Basenji named Mibre Princess Leia Skywalker. Others suggested their dog would take the opportunity to ask for more food. “Where’s my cheese?” owner Faye Adcox said, as her 2-year-old Norwegian Buhund looked up at her expectantly.
Watch the rest of the love letters from the adorable pups in the video above.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List