Melissa McCarthy’s turn as a gum-chomping, water gun-toting White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer on Saturday Night Live has been wildly popular.
Spicer even commented, telling Extra that McCarthy “needs to slow down on the gum chewing,” and suggesting she “dial back.” This past week, however, SNL did not take him up on that advice.
So how does McCarthy’s impersonation compare to Spicer in real life? Answering that question requires a supercut of the biggest moments from both sketches alongside clips from real White House briefings.
Watch TIME’s video above to see how SNL handled the real Spicer in action.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief