Spicer even commented, telling Extra that McCarthy “needs to slow down on the gum chewing,” and suggesting she “dial back.” This past week, however, SNL did not take him up on that advice.
So how does McCarthy’s impersonation compare to Spicer in real life? Answering that question requires a supercut of the biggest moments from both sketches alongside clips from real White House briefings.
Watch TIME’s video above to see how SNL handled the real Spicer in action.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow