In the first few moments of debuting a cover of “Fastlove” in tribute to the late George Michael at Sunday night’s Grammys, Adele halted the performance and requested to restart the song from the top. “I can’t mess this up for him,” she explained.
But while the unexpected do-over probably came as a surprise to most watching, the 25 artist basically predicted it would happen nearly a year ago.
Following a rendition of “All I Ask” that was plagued by technical difficulties at the 2016 Grammys, Adele spoke about the gaffe during an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. “Next time I have any sound issues I am gonna stop,” she told the host. “‘Sorry, that’s not working for me. If we have time to do it again, let’s do it.'”
Watch the clip below.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror