In the first few moments of debuting a cover of “Fastlove” in tribute to the late George Michael at Sunday night’s Grammys, Adele halted the performance and requested to restart the song from the top. “I can’t mess this up for him,” she explained.
But while the unexpected do-over probably came as a surprise to most watching, the 25 artist basically predicted it would happen nearly a year ago.
Following a rendition of “All I Ask” that was plagued by technical difficulties at the 2016 Grammys, Adele spoke about the gaffe during an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. “Next time I have any sound issues I am gonna stop,” she told the host. “‘Sorry, that’s not working for me. If we have time to do it again, let’s do it.'”
Watch the clip below.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive