A very pregnant Queen Bey, who was nominated in the three categories that Adele won, dazzled the crowd with an electrifying nine-minute performance that included renditions of “Love Drought” and “Sandcastle” and featured the words of the poet Warsan Shire.
Beyoncé’s set was so mesmerizing that a number of celebrities couldn’t contain their excitement, including Chrissy Teigen, who took to Twitter to express her love for the singer in a series of exuberant posts.
“I am crying. My bey. I cannot breathe,” read her first tweet, soon followed by the single word: “Dead.” Teigen then uploaded a picture of Beyoncé mid-performance, before concluding her social media stream with a weepy-looking selfie with husband John Legend and Jason Derulo, which she captioned: “Goodbye.”
Teigen was not the only celebrity who seemed visibly moved by Beyoncé’s set; Gigi Hadid, Yara Shahidi, Zara Larsson and Sia also took to Twitter to express how much they enjoyed the performance.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive