The “Ain’t Your Mama” singer was asked about the rapper on the Grammy Awards red carpet and she told E! News’ Ryan Seacrest that she thinks he’s “talented, amazing.”
“I love Drake. He’s brilliant,” she said, before revealing, “We made a song together. We hung out, we had a great time. He’s amazing, I have so much love for that boy.”
“It was never very serious,” an insider close to the rapper tells PEOPLE exclusively. “They like one another and had fun together.”
While there are reports the duo have called it quits, a source who knows them both insists the entertainers were never in an official relationship.
“It was and is fun when they see each other,” says the source. “They love hanging out and making music together. She has great respect for him and his talent and he does for her as well.”
The “Hotline Bling” rapper was in Manchester, England but spared some time to send his friend, Chance the Rapper, a few congratulatory texts for his Grammy win for best rap performance.
Chance the Rapper took to Instagram to show the bro love, captioning it, “More love @champagnepapi.”
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023