The “Ain’t Your Mama” singer was asked about the rapper on the Grammy Awards red carpet and she told E! News’ Ryan Seacrest that she thinks he’s “talented, amazing.”
“I love Drake. He’s brilliant,” she said, before revealing, “We made a song together. We hung out, we had a great time. He’s amazing, I have so much love for that boy.”
“It was never very serious,” an insider close to the rapper tells PEOPLE exclusively. “They like one another and had fun together.”
While there are reports the duo have called it quits, a source who knows them both insists the entertainers were never in an official relationship.
“It was and is fun when they see each other,” says the source. “They love hanging out and making music together. She has great respect for him and his talent and he does for her as well.”
The “Hotline Bling” rapper was in Manchester, England but spared some time to send his friend, Chance the Rapper, a few congratulatory texts for his Grammy win for best rap performance.
Chance the Rapper took to Instagram to show the bro love, captioning it, “More love @champagnepapi.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time