After Melissa McCarthy’s popular turn as Sean Spicer on Saturday Night Live last week, the Internet was quick to suggest that comedian Rosie O’Donnell who has long been embroiled in a heated feud with the President, would be a perfect fit to play Trump’s chief strategist Steve Bannon.
While there’s no official confirmation that O’Donnell will be joining Alec Baldwin and McCarthy as the latest in a string of memorable celebrity impressions on the late-night sketch show, O’Donnell has changed her profile picture on Twitter to an image that a fan created which Photoshops her head onto Bannon’s body, which has earned the approval of her fans, including a shout-out from some very high-profile admirers — none other than the inimitable George Takei and Patton Oswalt.
Your move, SNL.
Update: O’Donnell’s reps told TheWrap that she would not be portraying Bannon on Saturday Night Live this week.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction