1. Research shows there’s an internet troll inside all of us.
By Rachel Metz in the MIT Technology Review
2. Room service — from a robot?
By the Economist
3. This is the biological reason music is so universal.
By Drake Baer in the Science of Us
4. Carbon pricing can fight climate change. If anyone can get a carbon tax plan through, it’s these prominent Republicans.
By Hannah Hess in Science
5. We don’t know how many students in college aren’t ready to be there. That’s a problem.
By Sarah Butrymowicz in the Hechinger Report
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk