Braganza met with each of the actors for one-on-one sessions in a fully-equipped on-set gym trailer over the five months of filming.
“Dakota used the trailer almost every day when she was on set, I would say five days a week,” Braganza tells PEOPLE. “Sometimes she would do a full program, and sometimes she would just do 20 minutes of cardio.”
A typical workout for Johnson, 27, focused on her legs, abs and arms.
“She came already fairly lean, so she wanted to get toned,” says Braganza. “We did a lot of dance-type stretching to music, then we would do a circuit with some leg work. One of the things she really enjoyed doing was lying on the floor doing old-school Jane Fonda-type leg raises, and I included some leg weights to bring the intensity up. That was effective for her legs and glutes.”
Braganza put Johnson through her 3-2-1 program, which includes three bursts of cardio interspersed with two circuits of three moves each, and one section of ab exercises.
“[For cardio], she would run on the treadmill on an incline because that works your glutes a little bit better, and jump rope,” says Braganza, who also trains Bull series star Michael Weatherly. “The circuits used low body weight and a lot of stretching.”
Johnson supplemented her workouts with Braganza with hot yoga classes.
For Dornan, 34, Braganza made sure to balance out the upper-body workouts he did on his own with leg-focused training sessions one or two times a week.
“If you train your legs, you actually increase your metabolism and it can grow muscles all over the body,” explains Braganza. “If you ignore your legs, it defeats the purpose of strength training because legs are a big powerhouse of the body.”
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive