After Barb’s supernatural death on the hit Stranger Things, fans took to memes and hashtags to demand justice for the neglected third wheel. Anyone hoping for her resurrection is, a lot like their heroine: out of luck. That is, technically, until now.
Barb actor Shannon Purser will appear on the dark Archie Comics adaptation Riverdale as Ethel Muggs, who Jughead rejected in the original Archie comics for superficial reasons. It’s not quite the comeback Barb fans hoped for of course, but her new character may have more episodes on her new show, which has plenty of bullies. “She’s a bit more sassy than Barb — and she survives more than three episodes, fortunately,” Purser explained to The Guardian about the role.
Purser proved screen time doesn’t make you a surprising cultural icon, but catch “Barb” with a pulse on CW Thursday at 9p.m. EST.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time