In a delightful twist on a tale as old as time, internet geniuses have created a mashup of the new Beauty and the Beast live-action movie trailer, splicing in appearances from none other than the sinister Lord Voldemort of Harry Potter lore in the place of the odious Beast of Disney’s fable.
While ostensibly the two magical stories exist in different universes, their parallels are clear. Animated objects, the presence of pure evil, intelligent beasts, and haunted castles abound in both. Plus: a book-loving Emma Watson.
As YouTube creator PistolShrimps explains, this alternate version features the erstwhile Tom Riddle as the Beast, Belle as a witch, and the usually bothersome Gaston as “a brave and proud Gryffindor.” It’s a surprisingly seamless mashup, as Voldemort and Belle fend for themselves with spellcraft amidst the enchanted environment. (Watch out for cameos from the iconic Whomping Willow and a unicorn, too.)
“I cannot live forever,” Voldemort admits in this shocking retelling. Watch the full thing, above.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy