Now that recreational marijuana is legal in San Francisco, college students will have a chance to learn all about the budding industry.
The City College of San Francisco announced that it would offer marijuana-focused curriculum starting January 2018. “Obviously, with the potential growth of this industry being substantial, particularly in California, we want to offer access to this growing industry,” City College spokesman Jeff Hamilton told the San Francisco Examiner last month.
The college is working with Oaksterdam University, a school that trains students to work in the cannabis industry, and the labor union United Food and Commercial Workers to develop the program.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer