Now that recreational marijuana is legal in San Francisco, college students will have a chance to learn all about the budding industry.
The City College of San Francisco announced that it would offer marijuana-focused curriculum starting January 2018. “Obviously, with the potential growth of this industry being substantial, particularly in California, we want to offer access to this growing industry,” City College spokesman Jeff Hamilton told the San Francisco Examiner last month.
The college is working with Oaksterdam University, a school that trains students to work in the cannabis industry, and the labor union United Food and Commercial Workers to develop the program.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time