1. A lot of Americans don’t know a single scientist. We need to fix that
By Sara Whitlock in STAT News
2. To make America great again, start with great broadband everywhere.
By Blair Levin at the Brookings Institution
3. Who’s still fighting climate change? The U.S. military.
By Laura Parker at National Geographic
4. Willpower is a dangerous and outdated idea. It should be scrapped.
By Carl Erik Fisher in Nautilus
5. You can print on this paper with light instead of ink, and erase and reuse it dozens of times.
By Mark Wilson in Fast Co.Exist
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk