When Katy Perry activates her fan base, a frenzy ensues. This week she began teasing followers with a freshly blonde look and strategic tweets hyping up brand-new music (and a Grammys performance this weekend). And on Wednesday morning, the anticipation reached fever pitch when she released a map showing the locations of a few dozen disco balls scattered around the world in spots like Brooklyn’s McCarran Park, London’s Leicester Square, and outside Paris’s Moulin Rouge—with each glittery silver orb capable of playing her new song, “Chained to the Rhythm,” for lucky seekers. (And yes, each ball is also chained in place.)
So the hunt began.
Of course, there are only so many disco balls to go around. Some were left to their own devices to find the new song before it hits airwaves officially on Friday.
Looks like disco balls are coming back—in a big way.
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk