When Katy Perry activates her fan base, a frenzy ensues. This week she began teasing followers with a freshly blonde look and strategic tweets hyping up brand-new music (and a Grammys performance this weekend). And on Wednesday morning, the anticipation reached fever pitch when she released a map showing the locations of a few dozen disco balls scattered around the world in spots like Brooklyn’s McCarran Park, London’s Leicester Square, and outside Paris’s Moulin Rouge—with each glittery silver orb capable of playing her new song, “Chained to the Rhythm,” for lucky seekers. (And yes, each ball is also chained in place.)
So the hunt began.
Of course, there are only so many disco balls to go around. Some were left to their own devices to find the new song before it hits airwaves officially on Friday.
Looks like disco balls are coming back—in a big way.
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement