A precocious young girl is wasting no time in cutting her teeth as a sportswriter, starting with some by-the-minute reporting in her own home for the 2017 Super Bowl.
An image shared on Imgur shows the detailed notes that 8-year-old Skylee Poirrier from Acworth, GA took while watching the Super Bowl, showing her eye for detail and an appreciation for the range of human emotions. This intrepid young writer meticulously documented the roller coaster of emotions that her father, a Falcons fan, experienced during the course of Super Bowl LI and the Patriots’ triumphant comeback.
With notes that read: “Dad screams,” “Dad is the happiest person,” and “Dad cries,” it’s clear that this is the kind of dedicated sports news reporting that we not only need, but that we deserve. Here’s to Skylee, one of the future voices of sports journalism.
See her full rundown below.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023