A precocious young girl is wasting no time in cutting her teeth as a sportswriter, starting with some by-the-minute reporting in her own home for the 2017 Super Bowl.
An image shared on Imgur shows the detailed notes that 8-year-old Skylee Poirrier from Acworth, GA took while watching the Super Bowl, showing her eye for detail and an appreciation for the range of human emotions. This intrepid young writer meticulously documented the roller coaster of emotions that her father, a Falcons fan, experienced during the course of Super Bowl LI and the Patriots’ triumphant comeback.
With notes that read: “Dad screams,” “Dad is the happiest person,” and “Dad cries,” it’s clear that this is the kind of dedicated sports news reporting that we not only need, but that we deserve. Here’s to Skylee, one of the future voices of sports journalism.
See her full rundown below.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time