Federal judges will hear oral arguments Tuesday night over a legal challenge to President Donald Trump’s controversial immigration order.
A federal judge in Seattle temporarily blocked Trump’s order on Friday night. Trump repeatedly criticized the decision during the weekend and specifically targeted U.S. District Judge James Robart, calling him a “so-called judge” and denouncing his decision as “ridiculous.”
The Justice Department has argued that the order is an important national security measure, while attorneys general for the states of Washington and Minnesota have argued that Trump “unleashed chaos” by signing it.
The audio of the State of Washington & State of Minnesota v. Trump hearing, which will be conducted by telephone, will stream live here, beginning at 6 p.m. E.T.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time