Federal judges will hear oral arguments Tuesday night over a legal challenge to President Donald Trump’s controversial immigration order.
A federal judge in Seattle temporarily blocked Trump’s order on Friday night. Trump repeatedly criticized the decision during the weekend and specifically targeted U.S. District Judge James Robart, calling him a “so-called judge” and denouncing his decision as “ridiculous.”
The Justice Department has argued that the order is an important national security measure, while attorneys general for the states of Washington and Minnesota have argued that Trump “unleashed chaos” by signing it.
The audio of the State of Washington & State of Minnesota v. Trump hearing, which will be conducted by telephone, will stream live here, beginning at 6 p.m. E.T.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now