Federal judges will hear oral arguments Tuesday night over a legal challenge to President Donald Trump’s controversial immigration order.
A federal judge in Seattle temporarily blocked Trump’s order on Friday night. Trump repeatedly criticized the decision during the weekend and specifically targeted U.S. District Judge James Robart, calling him a “so-called judge” and denouncing his decision as “ridiculous.”
The Justice Department has argued that the order is an important national security measure, while attorneys general for the states of Washington and Minnesota have argued that Trump “unleashed chaos” by signing it.
The audio of the State of Washington & State of Minnesota v. Trump hearing, which will be conducted by telephone, will stream live here, beginning at 6 p.m. E.T.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma