British Prime Minister Theresa May has joked about the size of President Donald Trump’s hands at a fundraising event in London.
May made the crack at the Black and White Ball after being applauded by guests, The Telegraph reports. “I don’t think I have received such a big hand since I walked down the colonnade at the White House,” she said in response, apparently referencing a photo of herself and the U.S. president walking hand-in-hand during her visit to Washington last month.
The size of Trump’s hands has been a subject of mockery since Graydon Carter, editor of Vanity Fair, first mocked the president by referring to him as a “short fingered vulgarian” in Spy magazine. His hand-size was also a topic of debate during his presidential campaign.
Carter has said that the president remains sensitive about the jibe.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement