British Prime Minister Theresa May has joked about the size of President Donald Trump’s hands at a fundraising event in London.
May made the crack at the Black and White Ball after being applauded by guests, The Telegraph reports. “I don’t think I have received such a big hand since I walked down the colonnade at the White House,” she said in response, apparently referencing a photo of herself and the U.S. president walking hand-in-hand during her visit to Washington last month.
The size of Trump’s hands has been a subject of mockery since Graydon Carter, editor of Vanity Fair, first mocked the president by referring to him as a “short fingered vulgarian” in Spy magazine. His hand-size was also a topic of debate during his presidential campaign.
Carter has said that the president remains sensitive about the jibe.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Zamira Rahim at firstname.lastname@example.org