Brinkley, 63, graced the cover of three consecutive Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issues (in 1979, 1980 and 1981), making her the magazine’s first three-time cover model. She appeared in Sports Illustrated eight times between 1975-2004.
In the caption of an Instagram photo posted late Monday, Brinkley wrote: “I am excited to announce that I am back in [Sports Illustrated Swimsuit]… I figured with my gorgeous daughters [Alexa and Sailor] by my side [who’s] going to be looking at me! Oh and my kids think I walk on water, so let’s not mention the apple box concealed just under the surface.”
She added: “Thank you Sports Illustrated for sending the powerful message that good things come in packages of every size and we do not come with an expiration date!”.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow