Brinkley, 63, graced the cover of three consecutive Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issues (in 1979, 1980 and 1981), making her the magazine’s first three-time cover model. She appeared in Sports Illustrated eight times between 1975-2004.
In the caption of an Instagram photo posted late Monday, Brinkley wrote: “I am excited to announce that I am back in [Sports Illustrated Swimsuit]… I figured with my gorgeous daughters [Alexa and Sailor] by my side [who’s] going to be looking at me! Oh and my kids think I walk on water, so let’s not mention the apple box concealed just under the surface.”
She added: “Thank you Sports Illustrated for sending the powerful message that good things come in packages of every size and we do not come with an expiration date!”.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy