Former President Barack Obama is having the time of his life on vacation. As Washington grapples with President Donald Trump, the former Commander in Chief has been learning how to kitesurf with Richard Branson. The Obamas have been enjoying their time off on Necker Island, the Virgin founder’s luxury island in the Caribbean, according to Branson’s blog.
Branson writes that Obama could “relax” as he learned to kitesurf on the island while Branson himself learned to foilboard. The former president beat his host in a battle to see who could be the first to master their sport.
Obama had earlier been pictured strolling on a beach on Necker, wearing a backwards facing baseball cap.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow