Actress Drew Barrymore has been in the public eye for most of her life, and her newest project, Santa Clarita Diet, is propelling her into even more headlines. But in between her claims to fame, Barrymore had two daughters and went through a tough divorce.
“It was just like my worst nightmare. I so wanted to raise kids in this ultra-traditional way and do everything so the polar opposite of my experience,” Barrymore told Ellen DeGeneres of her divorce.
But she’s still doing pretty well at mastering the art of parenting: “It really is about the tone you set and you can talk until you’re blue in the face but kids watch what you do every single day of your life, all day long, and that behavior and that example and that love and community and honesty is just, I think what’s making everything feel safe for my kids,” she said. “And that’s really the intention I had as a parent, was how do my kids have this incredible sense of like, freedom inside their heart, because they know I’ve got them and their dad’s got them and the [rest of their family].”
[H/T E! News]
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms