Bush, who was discharged from the hospital on Monday after suffering a bout of pneumonia, accepted the NFL’s invitation to toss the coin at the Sunday game between the New England Patriots and the Atlanta Falcons in Houston.
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell confirmed that Bush would do the pre-game coin toss during a Wednesday press conference in Houston, and said he was “honored” to have the former President and his wife participate in the ceremony, according to the Houston Chronicle.
Bush tweeted on Wednesday that he was getting “fired up” for the game.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time