His pick comes after an almost year-long vacancy on the court, created when Justice Antonin Scalia died on Feb. 13, 2016. Former President Barack Obama nominated Merrick Garland last year, but Senate Republicans refused to hold confirmation hearings for him, arguing that the new president should have the responsibility of appointing a new justice.
President Trump is expected to make the announcement from the East Room of the White House at 8 p.m. ET. Watch it live here.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time