Draco Malfoy and his evil father Lucius — that is, actors Tom Felton and Jason Isaacs, who played the platinum-coiffed Slytherin icons in the Harry Potter movies — reunited recently. They also had a run-in with Neville Longbottom (Matthew Lewis) and Professor Flitwick (Warwick Davis). But this time, the group of would-be mortal enemies appeared to be on the same side, suggesting that even die-hard Death Eaters can change their spots (or serpentine scales, as the case would be).
The reunion was a result of the fourth annual Harry Potter celebration at Universal Orlando, where the actors all contributed to a panel discussion. In an Instagram caption, the actor behind the series’ most recognizable and conniving Death Eater made a point to relate the evils of Harry Potter‘s world to that of our own in the present day.
“[The visit was] a welcome escape from the horrors of the world until we answered questions on stage and were reminded what the stories were all about: fighting fascism, embracing diversity, and never giving up hope,” he commented on a photo of him and Felton at the Wizarding World theme park. (This is also not their first reunion, proving that some fake father-son bonds are meant to last.)
Looks like time heals all wounds, as Felton even shared some love for his once enemy Lewis.
And finally, author J.K. Rowling herself gave the reunion her seal of approval:
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief