A group of Democratic lawmakers led by Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi will rally against President Trump’s executive order on immigration outside the U.S. Supreme Court on Monday.
The 6 p.m. Eastern rally will call on Trump to rescind the order, which bans immigrants from seven Muslim-majority countries. Protests against the ban — which prohibits citizens from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen from entering the country — have spread across the U.S., as travelers have been detained in airports.
“We are witnessing an historic injustice unfold, and we must keep the pressure on,” Pelosi wrote in letter to House Democrats.
Watch the rally above.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.