Popular YouTube duo Superfruit (also known as two of the members of the a cappella sensation Pentatonix) released an energetic musical-medley-slash-dramatic-reenactment of Oscar favorite La La Land on their channel earlier this week, and it somehow manages to speed through the entire film in five and a half minutes of continuous song and dance.
Featuring fellow Pentatonix vocalist Kirstin Maldonado, the trio run through the film’s major plot points and songs all within the low-fi confines of a casual makeshift studio space. From the pensive “City of Stars” (complete with Ryan-Gosling-style hat tricks) to a dizzying version of “Someone In the Crowd,” they bring a whole new spin to the modern movie musical, which just garnered a record-tying 14 Oscar nominations. And their fans love it: the video has racked up over half a million views in the two days that it’s been live.
Watch them bring La La Land to life in a new way, above.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate