Vin Diesel may be one of Hollywood’s highest-paid actors, but he also takes time to offer self-help advice on social media. His fans love him: he has more than 101 million followers on Facebook, where he regular posts inspirational thoughts, shirtless selfies, and shout-outs to his fandom for their support, using the kind of unstudied language and candid sincerity that suggests it’s not just a team of handlers behind the account. He’s also on the Instagram bandwagon.
To celebrate his new digital foray, Diesel launched his account with a triumphant photo of himself, shirtless, on a beach, with a rainbow in the background. If that doesn’t say “Vin Diesel,” we don’t know what does. As of publish, he’s nearing 7 thousand followers after being live on the platform for about 13 hours. (He has a lot of catching up to do; The Rock has nearly 11 million, while most-followed celebrity Katy Perry has more than 95 million.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve