At long last, Taylor Swift is back. That is, the pop star and R&B singer Zayn finally released the video for their new jam “I Don’t Wanna Live Forever” off the Fifty Shades Darker soundtrack, which the duo surprise-dropped in December. In true Swift-ian fashion, it’s a stylized and narratively dramatic video to match the sultry tune. She’s been teasing it on Twitter and Instagram for weeks.
This marks Swift’s return to video; her last release was for “Out of the Woods” more than a year ago, from her 1989 album. The notoriously consistent musician has laid low in recent months, contributing writing credits to a number of songs for other artists, but otherwise keeping out of the limelight.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating