Arnold Schwarzenegger, former governor of California and action movie giant, greeted Pope Francis at the Vatican during the weekly General Audience.
Schwarzenegger has been promoting his NGO, “R20 – Regions of Climate Action” which helps sub-national governments around the world develop low carbon projects, Vatican Radio reports. Schwarzenegger showed Pope Francis some of the NGO’s work in a brief exchange.
Schwarzenegger, who rose to fame as a bodybuilder and actor, had previously met Pope John Paul II. He tweeted a picture of the meeting and called the Pope a “a true leader for the Church.”
Schwarzenegger recently inherited a role as the face of The New Celebrity Apprentice from President Donald Trump — who quickly taunted him on Twitter after his ratings didn’t live up to when Trump hosted the show.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve