Arnold Schwarzenegger, former governor of California and action movie giant, greeted Pope Francis at the Vatican during the weekly General Audience.
Schwarzenegger has been promoting his NGO, “R20 – Regions of Climate Action” which helps sub-national governments around the world develop low carbon projects, Vatican Radio reports. Schwarzenegger showed Pope Francis some of the NGO’s work in a brief exchange.
Schwarzenegger, who rose to fame as a bodybuilder and actor, had previously met Pope John Paul II. He tweeted a picture of the meeting and called the Pope a “a true leader for the Church.”
Schwarzenegger recently inherited a role as the face of The New Celebrity Apprentice from President Donald Trump — who quickly taunted him on Twitter after his ratings didn’t live up to when Trump hosted the show.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization