On Monday, the Scream Queens actress shared a mysterious new throwback photo to Instagram and Twitter of herself cuddled up on Monteith’s chest in 2012.
Although the photo has no caption, the Polaroid picture of the duo reads “Bleeker St.” and “2012,” which was a year prior to the late actor’s death.
Just days after being found dead, authorities told PEOPLE that the Canadian native — who completed a month-long stint in a treatment facility forsubstance addiction in April 2013 — died of a “mixed drug toxicity” of heroin and alcohol.
“At this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident,” the BC Coroners Service says in a statement released Tuesday. Police spokesman Constable Brian Montague said, “There was evidence in the room that was consistent with a drug overdose.”
Although Michele and Monteith hadn’t been photographed together in the days leading up to the time of his death, a source close to the actress told PEOPLE, “They were happy and very in love.”
In September 2012, Michele gushed about her costar–turned–boyfriend. “I love working with Cory, I always have,” Michele told PEOPLE at Glee’s season 4 premiere. “He really, really inspires me, and he motivates me and I think he’s just so talented.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org