Leading up to the wild-card round of the postseason, YouTube user Jeffrey Smee began posting videos of his dog Yowie predicting the winner of each game. Since then, Yowie has correctly guessed the victor of all 10 matchups — most recently selecting the Atlanta Falcons and the New England Patriots to win the NFC and AFC Championships, respectively.
“I got the idea for the videos a few months ago when I saw an old video of an octopus predicting soccer matches and I thought, ‘hey people like dogs, people like football, let’s see what Yowie can do for the Superbowl,'” Smee told TIME.
However, he’s not offering any early hints about Yowie’s final selection: “As for her Super Bowl prediction, I can’t say. I’m not sure she even knows which way she’ll go ’til the treat’s down in front of her.”
Watch Yowie make her AFC Championship pick below and visit Smee’s YouTube page to see the full series.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate