As Tom Brady led the New England Patriots to a 36-17 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Sunday night’s AFC Championship game, it wasn’t just his football skills that grabbed people’s attention. When the camera would pan to the star quarterback on the sidelines, he was often wearing a massively padded jacket to stay warm on the chilly January night.
Of course, the Internet immediately latched onto the opportunity to poke fun at his fashion faux pas, turning the enormous coat into an instant meme.
Some resorted to jokes about Deflategate.
While others made pop culture references.
And a few just went for hilarious one-liners.
Will this iconic coat make an appearance at Super Bowl LI? Only time will tell.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time