[The following text appears within a diagram. Please see hardcopy or PDF for actual diagram.]
Your taste in princes tends toward …
You know what? Americans fought a revolution in order to not have to care. Just watch Atlanta
Diamonds or rhinestones?
the caustic sex appeal of Prince Harry
the duty-bound Prince William
Siblings should be more like …
Anna and Elsa
Cain and Abel
A sovereign is to be …
revered, as Thomas Hobbes suggested
feared, per Niccolò Machiavelli
The better Bond:
Do you prefer …
the poetry of Lord Byron
or the poetry of Queen Beyoncé?
The more accurate portrayal of romantic love was …
the gore of Gone Girl
The Notebook’s happily ever after
A brooding King Henry VIII beds and beheads his many wives.
The plague is played for laughs in this courtly musical comedy.
THE WHITE PRINCESS
Women vie for power in the War of the Roses on the soap
King Louis XIV’s sexcapades were deemed too racy for American TV.
Mary, Queen of Scots, a prince and his half brother make up a love triangle.
A queen tries to control her hedonistic twins.
An Elizabeth II series as grand as her corgis are small.
The conniving Thomas Cromwell pulls Henry VIII’s strings.
The petite teen queen faces down would-be assassins and suitors.
This appears in the January 30, 2017 issue of TIME.
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma