[The following text appears within a diagram. Please see hardcopy or PDF for actual diagram.]
Your taste in princes tends toward …
You know what? Americans fought a revolution in order to not have to care. Just watch Atlanta
Diamonds or rhinestones?
the caustic sex appeal of Prince Harry
the duty-bound Prince William
Siblings should be more like …
Anna and Elsa
Cain and Abel
A sovereign is to be …
revered, as Thomas Hobbes suggested
feared, per Niccolò Machiavelli
The better Bond:
Do you prefer …
the poetry of Lord Byron
or the poetry of Queen Beyoncé?
The more accurate portrayal of romantic love was …
the gore of Gone Girl
The Notebook’s happily ever after
A brooding King Henry VIII beds and beheads his many wives.
The plague is played for laughs in this courtly musical comedy.
THE WHITE PRINCESS
Women vie for power in the War of the Roses on the soap
King Louis XIV’s sexcapades were deemed too racy for American TV.
Mary, Queen of Scots, a prince and his half brother make up a love triangle.
A queen tries to control her hedonistic twins.
An Elizabeth II series as grand as her corgis are small.
The conniving Thomas Cromwell pulls Henry VIII’s strings.
The petite teen queen faces down would-be assassins and suitors.
This appears in the January 30, 2017 issue of TIME.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time