“We are here to vow to end the Trump carnage!” Moore said, borrowing a line from Trump’s inauguration speech, during which the president declared he would end “American carnage.”
“Look at what we’ve already accomplish here today. The majority of Americans didn’t want Donald J. Trump in the White House and we’re here today as their representatives,” Moore said.
At the rally and march, Moore blasted Trump and called on those in the crowd to continuously press lawmakers over the next few years. He also said the Democratic Party needed revamping after the results of the 2016 election. Moore had also appeared at a Donald Trump protest on Friday.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com