“Back on Amtrak,” Biden said before boarding the train on Friday with his family.
Friday’s plans for Biden and his family included a welcome home ceremony in Wilmington.
Biden’s love for Amtrak has been well documented. As senator, he commuted between Delaware and D.C. almost every day by train.
The former vice president and his wife, Dr. Jill Biden, plan to relocate to a small house in D.C. so that she can continue her work teaching English at the Northern Virginia Community College, the New York Times reported. The couple will still spend weekends in Delaware.
Watch Biden board the train above.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time